Manchester City Transfer News: Six In and Six Out


Despite winning a domestic treble, Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City once again fell short of the mark in the UEFA Champions League. Here are six players who could join the Citizens, while there are six stars who might leave, including an African superstar.

Guardiola is always looking at ways in which to improve his team, even when he has just come off the back of a domestic treble-winning season.

The Spaniard is very much aware, however, of the criticism he faces regarding City’s UCL failures and is said to be looking at a number of targets for next season, arrivals that might give his team a better chance of challenging for the European trophy.

Atletico Madrid midfielder Rodri is reportedly someone Guardiola is considering a move for, with the player himself recently admitted he is not sure what will happen in the transfer window. The 22-year-old has been likened to Sergio Busquets, whom the City boss used so effectively during his time in charge of the Catalan club.

Another midfield option is Olympique Lyon’s Tanguy Ndombele, who is also said to have potential suitors in Real Madrid. New Portugal international, 19-year-old Joao Felix is reportedly also on Guardiola’s radar, although City would face stiff competition for the wonderkid’s signature.

His international colleague Bruno Fernandes is another player believed to be on the manager’s transfer shortlist, but who might have to make way for these potential arrivals?

German star Ilkay Gundogan has been discussed as a player the club could look to sell, with his contract expiring at the end of next season. The Sun reported that City might allow the 28-year-old to see out his deal, although they could also look to extend his stay too.

According to Sky Sports, winger Leroy Sane’s future is still very much in the balance, with Bundesliga champions, Bayern Munich determined to lure the 23-year-old back to Germany. Meanwhile, Algeria winger Riyad Mahrez has been linked with a City exit too – click through the gallery above to see some possible incomings and outgoings at the Etihad in this window!

You might also like… CHINA CALLS IN FOREIGN TECH FIRMS AFTER HUAWEI SALES BAN

China summoned global technology companies for talks last week following last month’s US ban on selling technology to China’s Huawei Technologies, two people familiar with the matter told Reuters on Sunday.

Huawei

The blacklisting of Huawei, the world’s largest maker of telecoms network equipment, bars US companies from supplying it with many goods and services due to what Washington said were national security issues, a potentially crippling blow that sharply escalated US-China trade tensions.

Huawei denies that its equipment poses a security threat. continue reading here…

Source – SoccerLaduma

The post Manchester City Transfer News: Six In and Six Out appeared first on News365.co.za.