LAN and Desktop Support Admin wanted Asap: APPLY HERE
Responsibilities and Duties
Desktop Engineer The Entry-Level Support Engineer will be responsible for proactive as well as reactive desktop technical support for clients, including but not limited to:
1. Infrastructure security analysis and reporting including providing innovative feedback and recommendations
2. Managing Client documentation
3. Providing support with regards to Microsoft technologies and Windows workstations and laptops.
4. Applying a knowledge of TCP/IP Networking protocols, VLANs, installing and configuring firewalls, managed switches and routers.
5. Troubleshooting of Firewalls, managed switches and LAN / WAN connectivity issues
6. Installing, Configuring and troubleshooting 3rd party applications like Anti-Virus
7. Providing professional, concise communication with team members and customers.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE The ideal applicant:
1. MCSA Certified
2. 3 – 5 years’ experience in the IT and Networking Environment with a specific focus on Desktop Support and Infrastructure Maintenance and troubleshooting.
3. Experience in a similar support role servicing a variety of clients simultaneously is an advantage.
4. Strong inter-personal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with people from all ages and stages of life.
5. Able to manage difficult situations and personalities in a calm and rational manner; able to effectively respond to queries and deal with complaints
6. Organised, meticulous and systems oriented, able to multitask and prioritise effectively
7. A flexible, self-driven individual who is able to work autonomously while maintaining open channels of communication with a team
8. Team orientated and the customer-focused person with a calm disposition, able to stay levelheaded in stressful situations and lead under pressure
9. A valid driver’s license and car is essential
10. Additional Technical Skills that would be required: o A+ / N+ o Microsoft Technology Associate (Infrastructure)
11. Additional Technical Skills that would be beneficial: o Firewall o Switch, Router & Wireless configurations – CISCO / Netgear / Mikrotik / Ubiquiti o Server Hardware – Dell + HP o Knowledge of Solarwinds N-central & Autotask
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Desktop Support: 3 years (Preferred). Apply Now
The post LAN and Desktop Support Admin wanted Asap: APPLY HERE appeared first on News365.co.za.