Crystal Palace says they have “taken action” after forward Wilfried Zaha was sent racial abuse on social media.
The Ivory Coast international, 26, was previously sent racial abuse and threats after winning a penalty in a 2-2 draw with Arsenal in October 2018.
“We will not tolerate this behaviour being directed at any of our players,” said Palace in a statement on Wednesday.
“We will fully support them in dealing with such incidents.”
The statement added: “Any action we can take unilaterally as a club will be taken immediately and we will also seek cooperation from other clubs where relevant.
“Following that, we will pursue the matter criminally with the full force of whatever the law allows.”
Palace has not specified publicly what action they have taken.
You might also like – Vatiswa Ndara reveals shocking Home Affairs Earnings
Following her open letter which stirred a lot of controversy against the Ferguson’s and the local production companies as a whole, Vatiswa Ndara has been going back and forth doing interviews in her quest to ‘right the wrongs’ in the arts industry.
It is pretty evident that the actress is at the forefront of the battle between actors’ rights and broadcasting companies. Her speaking out on the exploitation of performers in the film and television industry has encouraged others to have their voices heard too. read more
Source – BBC
The post Crystal Palace act on racial abuse of Wilfried Zaha on social media appeared first on News365.co.za.