City of CT records 94 land grab attempts in April

[ad_1]

It’s emerged people have tried to move onto Cape Town land illegally on at least 94 occasions over the past month.

However, the Western Cape Department of Human Settlements on Monday said this was down compared to last year’s figures.

The department said between July last year and the second week of this month, there were 1,177 illegal attempts to occupy state-owned land.

MEC Tertuis Simmers said: “The massive reduction in the number of attempts shows our efforts to prevent these invasions and secure provincially owned land and property are starting to bear fruit. However, we remain concerned.”

Simmers said this came at a great cost as provincial government spent R400 million to protect its property.

“This means, with the exclusion of bulk services, more than 2,400 free housing units could have been built. We are doing everything we can to prevent land invasions going forward.”

-EWN

In other news – AKA fumes as police investigate his baby mama DJ Zinhle

AKA frowns at the detectives’ act of investigating his ex-lover and baby mama, DJ Zinhle concerning the death of his late wife, Anele Nelli Tembe.

DJ Zinhle photo appears in Nelli Tembe's funeral tribute video

In a recent interview, the rapper confirmed that his late wife was suicidal and she threatened to harm herself after an altercation between them multiple times. While the Supa Mega declines being a suspect, he wonders why the investigators flew to question his baby mama. Learn More

The post City of CT records 94 land grab attempts in April appeared first on News365.co.za.

[ad_2]

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*